What is it and what does it do?
FSUIPC4 is one of the most important bits of addon that you need as a pilot for us. It is a small programme that creates a connection between your flight simulator software and the various flight trackers that are used by virtual airlines.
If you try to launch a flight tracker without FSUIPC4, you are likely to get an error saying that your tracker cannot make a connection to your flight simulator. It is one of the most common errors received when new pilots join us.
When you sign up for us as a pilot and log in, you are directed to the "Pilot Centre". In the pilot centre is a downloads section that provides a link to the website that houses the FSUIPC4 software. The reason we do not hold the software on our site is so that we always have access to the latest version. Once you download FSUIPC4 there are some simple, but important steps to follow so that it installs correctly.
- Note: Before you download FSUIPC4, it is advisable to temporarily turn off your antivirus, firewall programmes. Failure to do so can lead to the download file being rejected and other installation problems.
- Download FSUIPC4 from the link in your Pilot Centre.
- Create a folder in your documents or flight sim folder called FSUIPC4.
- Find your downloaded zip file and extract all of the files into the FSUIPC4 you created.
- Inside the FSUIPC4 folder, locate and run the "install.exe" file.
- Once the installation is complete, you will get a box giving you options to register. Just click on the "not now" button.
- That is the basic installation complete. You now need to allow your flight sim to install it as an addon inside the simulator.
- Open up your FSX or other simulator and go to set up your aircraft at an airport.
- At some point (usually when you try to select an aircraft) you should get a popup box asking if you would like to install FSUIPC4 as an addon. Click yes to this.
- Once you are in-game and at an airport, click on the "addons" menu at the top of your game window. You should now see a menu for FSUIPC4. If you do, that's it, you're good to go.
- If you don't see FSUIPC4 listed as an addon, firstly try restarting your simulator again. Failing that, run the installer again.